Thursday, January 7, 2016

My experience with Maitri

Involved in this professional world we tend to forget our social duties towards our society and do something for those people who are underprivileged and have needs to be take care.

Working with Maitri as an intern has been a life transforming experience and has shown me the wider view of our society.  A view that shows how to help those people who are underserved and underprivileged. Maitri’s initiatives and various projects involving domestic violence against women, helping the underprivileged kids, providing food and shelters to old widows of vrindavan has been worth a learning for me. Having the chance to teach some of the students of programme Maitrigram was an incredible experience. Spreading awareness against domestic violence through social media which is a major concern of our society has also given me a lot of learning. I am thankful to the dedicated staff of maitri who helped me through my internship and are working whole heartedly for helping the underserved people and giving their big contribution in eradicating social problems like domestic violence against women. I feel honored to be a part of this NGO and would want to be associated with it in future.

Abhijit Bagchi
Maitri Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment