I am happy to announce that I have moved from single words to small phrases... On the flip side, I am embarrassed to share that my Hindi is still BROKEN and in dire need of a linguistic mechanic. Here is what I have learned since my last post:
- dadaji- paternal grandfather
- dadiji- paternal grandmother
- naniji- maternal grandmother
- nanaji- maternal grandfather
- chalo!- You go!
- ou!- Come!
- kripya- please
- ghitdi (jeetdee)- demanding... this is often how Laxmi refers to her daughter Geeta lol
- me apse pyiar bohot car du- I love you very much
- tom paghal ho- you are mad/crazy!
- apkaise pasan karte ho _____?- do you like _____?
- paghal- crazy
- gussa- angry
- agla- next
- mera favorite - my favorite
- apka favorite _____ kya he?- What is your favorite _______?
- tora, tora- little little (I say "tora tora Hindi. English me")
- mera nehi- not me
- chaldhi, chaldhi- hurry, hurry!
- last me- at the end (of class)
- katti- I am 'breaking friendship with you'
Lastly, they said:
- baat nehi carengue- I am not speaking to you!
by giving in and taking pictures. lol
That concludes today's lesson... Sorry that my progress has been as slow as atole.